Monday, 3 March 2014

So Much For 5-A-Day...


So, 5 portions of fruit and veg is our minimal daily intake and really we should be aiming for 7-9 portions a day. Given the health benefits it makes sense although, I don't even eat that many times throughout the day, so achieving 7-9 portions would be difficult.
However, I remembered a documentary I had watched a few months ago and thought this might provide the answer to my fruit and veg dilemma.

It's all gone Joe Cross...


The documentary was about a man (Joe Cross) who basically saved his life by dramatically changing his lifestyle.
In his own words he was "fat, sick and nearly dead", weighing 22 stone and was suffering a debilitating autoimmune disease which meant he was dependant on medication.
Joe drank nothing but fruit and vegetable juice for 60 day then spent a further 2 years eating food derived from plants.
Although this was extreme, the results were remarkable as 6 years on and Joe is medication free, 6 stone lighter and never felt and looked better.
I can remembered how inspired I was by Joe's commitment to changing his life and also the inspiration he provided for others to do the same. I thought that fruit and vegetable juice would be an ideal way for me to get 9-7 portions per day.
I bought two books, The reboot with Joe; juice diet and the juice master by Jason Vale in order to get started.

"Fruit and vegetable juice is an  ideal way for me to get 7-9 portions a day"

 
After a couple of weeks of introducing pure fruit and vegetable Juice into my diet (20% fruit and 80% vegetable) along aside a gradual increase of physical activity I was ready to create my body sculpting plan.
Using various healthy recipe books and the research I have done a created a plan that I hope will change my body while improving my health and how I look. 
 
 

My body Sculpting Diet plan

 

 
I tried the plan out for a couple of weeks during which time I made several changes, however, I am happy that I have now created a healthy plan that will assist me in getting the results I require, all I need to do now is fill the fridge with good healthy grub...
 
 
 
 
Source: Daily mail, by Lucy Waterlow, last updated 05/07/13, [online] http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2356710/Joe-Cross-lost-stone-juice-diet-reveals-improve-health.html, accessed 30/01/14

No comments:

Post a Comment