Printing Experimentation
I have now completed my first set of prints using the photos I taken while performing facial yoga, To do this, I used the method of silk screen printing onto material.
I used a portable bed for this process as this is a good method for printing onto material
I used two different styles one uses smaller photos in a grid format the other uses larger photos that are scattered randomly. I done this so I can identify the method that offers more visual appeal and will retain detail when I use the material to make weight bags.
Different formats of print
Although it took a bit of practice (to get the acquired pressure required for this process) I was eventually able to print some good quality samples.
Silkscreen prints onto material
Which I could use to create bags and identify what design works better in this context.
Bags made out of the printed material
Overall, I felt that using this method was successful and I was impressed with the level of detail captured in the prints. When accessing the difference in style I think the grid format offers more in terms of visual quality. This is partly down to how movement is portrayed as there is a noticeable flow from picture to picture. I also think this is a better choice for the bags as there is more clarity because the images are smaller, therefore do not get swallowed by the material. I like this idea and want to continue developing it. I will now take photos of me performing my exercise routine and repeat this process as a way of doing this.
No comments:
Post a Comment