Sunday, 16 March 2014

 
 
 

Experimenting With Possible Responses...


Now I have collected a substantial amount of visual evidence throughout the last few weeks, I feel I want to start exploring some visual outlet's.
My first response was artist book, however, I'm slightly put off by the fact this was an obvious choice for my project. Therefore, this could be conceded as the safer option and for my final degree project I don't want to be seen as playing it safe, so will need to underpin some unique visual and conceptual qualities before I would consider developing this for a final piece.
I have selected some visual information that could potentially develop the idea of a book/box and I have started to experiment using different methods:

 

A fold out book that uses images to show the measuring exercise

 

 

Food diary, I am following a food plan that rotates on a fortnightly bases and I have been photographing my meals as a way of recording this. I used a cube to represent the structure this has introduced to my routine which also captures the repetitiveness of the plan.

 
 

My inch loss is one of the many benefits of living a healthy lifestyle and could be a good visual tool for communicating this.

 
I now want to use some of the information collected in the first few weeks to create a Marquette box type to try and identify possible routes for development.
 

My Excess Weight...

 
In my personal learning plan I had identified an idea which was to create bags made up of my excess weight. I thought this would act as a solid reminder of the benefits of living a healthy lifestyle and would allow others to gain a personal insight into my physical transformation:
 
 

I created the bag using fabric that I filled with sugar and secured with a postal tag with the words "Excess Weight" printed on it.

 
I used sugar to fill the bags as a literal reference as a reduction of this in my diet was one of the reasons I lost the weight.
I now want to develop the bag further and it was suggested that I printed onto the bag to make it more visually interesting.
I thought as I have referenced the change in my diet I should also represent the change in my exercise routine. To explore this idea, I'm going to use my facial yoga photos and if this is successful, I will photography my full exercise routine (which I could have fun with, I'm thinking 80's exercise instructor so I better dusk off those leg warmers!)
In order to create a good quality print I used photoshop to desaturate the picture and adjust the contrast...
 
 
 
I know I changed the photos to accommodate the print process, however, I think this has gave them a more demanding quality and enhances the performance element within them.
I will now copy the images onto acetate ready for the screen printing process.



No comments:

Post a Comment