Monday, 10 March 2014

Less Conventional Methods...

 

Facial Yoga & Massage...


As, I have already outlined in my introduction, as well as changing my diet and introducing exercise I am also trying less conventional methods to sculpted my face and body. I have introduced facial yoga & massage which I try to do once a day.
In order to visually explore this further, I've taken some photos of me performing facial yoga and the results are quite comical...












 

 
                                 
                                    

I like the humorous quality these photos' possess and I feel this could been a welcome visual aspect in amongst all the information I'm collating. I think that when committing to a project like this it is easy to lose yourself in the  information side resulting in an artwork that is more like a science project then a creative one. I want to stay away from this and I think these kind of photos could inject some visual humour making it more visually appealing.
Another reason for this is to remind people that exercise can and should be fun. As now I've broke the initial pain barrier I'm really starting to enjoy it and as I'm now starting to see the physical changes I am more focused then every before.
These photos have inspired me to think about how I can respond to this subject in a fun, creative and more humorous way while still highlighting the issues associated with poor health.  As I need to remember I want to inspire the viewer, not dictate to them, so I have to produce an artwork that reflects this.

No comments:

Post a Comment