Saturday, 19 April 2014

Making it all worth while...


During this project I have mentioned that, there are times when I really struggle to fit everything in. Despite this, I have remained dedicated to making time for exercise even if it means I have to push myself in terms of work and study. Seeing and feeling all the benefits have really pulled me through, it has been my mental strong point. In regards to this, I have just seen an article that provides further evidence of how beneficial exercise is:

Can exercise actually REVERSE aging? Promising new study reveals that working out can make skin appear up to FORTY years younger

 

Annabel Fenwick Elliott. (2014). Mail online. Can exercise actually REVERSE aging? Promising new study reveals that working out can make skin appear up to FORTY years younger. Available. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2607298/Can-exercise-actually-REVERSE-aging-Promising-new-study-reveals-working-make-skin-appear-FORTY-years-younger.html. Last accessed 19/04/2014.

I have started to see the benefits of living a healthy lifestyle but I'm sure most people would agreed that this is compelling evidence. With more people opting for dangerous plastic surgery in order to stay young, this could offer a refreshing alternative.
I have always suffered from self-confidences issues in regards to my looks and I don't think that the aesthetically charged society we live in has helped, that's maybe why I feel so at home within the world of modern art.
No sooner had I started to deal with my insecurity demons, I now have the worry of getting older to deal with. I have always wondered how I would handle this, give my insecure past. I think this article could really help keep me on track. I have now accepted that I can't change the fundamental parts of me and I need to work with what I have. This just re-enforces the message that to be the best we can be on the outside, we have to look after our bodies by eating healthy and exercising. I for one, think this is something worth doing especially if it keeps the anti-ageing demons at bay.


No comments:

Post a Comment