Exercise is creative...
When starting this project, I made a conscious decision to have fun with it. As, I feel it's so easy to get so pre-occupied with conceptual development, that other elements of the creative process is somewhat compromised, which includes having fun. As artist's can often struggle for notoriety and financial stability surely this is one of the perks we should take full advantage of. When a subject is explored in a playful way, concept development will no doubt come more naturally which will benefit any outcome. This was a change in attitude for me, as, I had compromised work by over thinking and not allowing myself the playful exploration required for any creative process to be a success. One of my favourite sayings is a quote by artist Sol Lewitt:
"Your work isn't a high stakes, nail-biting professional challenge. It's a form of play. Lighten up and have fun with it:".
Sol Lewitt Quote. Daniel Marzona (2004). Taschen. Conceptual Art.I hope the photos I have done for my final prints embodies this and have capitulated the full playfulness the creative process has to offer:-
Here are a few of the exercise performance pictures, un-edited.
In order to get the photos ready for the printing process, I had to edit them using the same process from earlier experiments:-
There are almost 40 photos however, I will only be using 36 for the print process, I will be using a grid formation when printing onto material.
I have to admit, I love these photos, not only do they translate movement well but they represent my body which includes the lumps and bumps I normally try so hard to conceal. In a way, I feel I have gained some confidence within this process, as, although I still have some way to go in regards to my personal journey. The fact I'm embracing positive change has made me feel better about myself, which is translated though my work. I think these picture also show, that if your creative with exercise, it can be fun.











No comments:
Post a Comment