Jean journey in print format...
I outlined plans to use my jean journey as part of my final installation, as I believe this is something others could relate to.
In ordered to explore this further, I decided to see how the photos would translate into print format. I felt this could tie in nicely with my excess weight bags, as it's important to me that my work has a sense of unity.
I used photos, that I had done some basic editing on and done some test prints from which, I identified any aesthetical issues and further edited with photoshop. I also re-sized the images in order to create more of a final piece by scaling them up.
When I was happy with the photos, I then followed the screen printing process in hope that the images would successfully translate in to print format...
I have to say, that I was not disappointed with the results and despite minor technical issues (over charging the screen), I think the prints were extremely successful and will look great against my weight bags. I have tried them in white and off white as a comparison.
To think, that the original photos were initially a visual documentation to support the development of a video installation. Yet, they have now been developed as part of my final piece, as once seeing the images together, it was like viewing my struggles, progress, success, my very own journey represented and this is what I want the viewer to experience. This has really re-enforced the importance of recording everything throughout the creative process, as a trivial observation can sometimes offer that eureka moment every creative practitioner craves.
No comments:
Post a Comment